Building national competencies in Bio-processes
Starting from experiences of Bioindustry Park and bioPmed. Bioindustry Park, as bioPmed cluster managing company, is participating to the BioProtech initiative (ERA-WIDE) focused on the support to a Tunisian R&D center (CBS SFAX).
The following objectives will be addressed by BioProtech:
Improvement of the technological background and research skills. Activity: Joint research agenda in bio-processes and know-how exchange;
Build up the knowledge base for commercialisation of research results. Activity: Increase commercialisation potential through innovation, technology transfer and incubation;
Build up knowledge about European research funding instruments. Activity: Training modules on research management issues related to European research funding, partner search and coaching for concrete proposal preparations;
Increase the visibility of CBS on a local and European level. Activity: Dissemination of research potential and results through conferences, fairs and marketing;
Improvement of the future biotechnology development at CBS, tying up with the European Research Area. Activity: Strategy development and evaluation.
The partners of the project are:
- CBS – Centre of Biotechnology of Sfax – coordinator (Tunisia);
- International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (Trieste – Italy);
- National Institute of Applied Sciences of Toulouse (France);
- Steinbeis Research Center (Germany);
- Bioindustry Park Silvano Fumero S.p.A. (Colleretto Giacosa – Italy);
- University Claude Bernard, Lyon 1 (France).