Developing Regional Actions to Promote SMEs in Health Sector and Stimulate Economic Growth
Project: Health4Growth – Developing Regional Actions to Promote SMEs in Health Sector and Stimulate Economic Growth
- Città di Debrecen (Hungary)
- Città di Turnhout (Belgium)
- IPN – Associazione per lo Sviluppo Attività di incubazione e idee di business (Portugal)
- Università di Debrecen (Hungary)
- Città di Leuven (Belgium)
- CISE – Centro per l’Innovazione e lo Sviluppo Economico (Italy)
- Regione di Pianificazione di Vidzeme (Latvia)
- Agenzia di Sviluppo di Maribor (Slovenia)
- Città di Varna (Bulgaria)
- Provincia di Torino (Italia)
- Brainport Development N.V. (Netherlands)
The project – with Province of Turin as Italian partner – is funded under the European territorial cooperation program INTERREG IVC. It was launched in January 2012 and it ended on 31 December 2014.
The overall objective of the project is to improve the efficiency of local development policies that can influence the life sciences industry. It will also promote cooperation at regional and European level, with the aim to exploit the innovation potential of this sector that can play a key role in the development of regional economies.
The project sub-objectives are:
To explore and develop new models that can improve cooperation between actors of the health sector, identifying solutions to regulatory problems that can hinder the diffusion of new technologies;
To explore the many options that can facilitate the access to finance for SMEs and the planning of specific innovative financial systems for the sector; To explore options that can improve the management of SMEs and the transfer of know-how on training programs available.
In order to achieve these objectives, the project activities include the collection and the analysis of local economic data and good practices, the organization of workshops and specific master classes as well as the development of specific implementation plans and analysis of adopted policies.
Bioindustry Park Silvano Fumero S.p.A. – BioPmed Cluster with 2i3T, the enterprise incubator of the university of Turin, supports the Province of Turin in the implementation of project activities at local level.